Friday, June 29, 2007

June Update


At the begining of this month, I started looking for a new townhouse to move into. I found one in Newtown, and Leah and I moved in on the 16th. It's a 2 bedroom place with a small backyard and a front patio. It's in the Inner West of Sydney, so I take the train to work now everyday. It's only about a 30 minute commute, so that's not bad at all! I love this area of town...It's a much younger, busier scene than Neutral Bay. We have been unpacking, assembling, and setting everything up to make it our home. It's so cute!! We're thinking of having a small housewarming party soon!

Everything's going very well at the moment. Work is busy but good. I'm getting to know my co-workers a bit better now, and I really like hanging out with them. I've been exploring my new neighbourhood the past couple of weeks. Sydney Park is only about a 5 minute walk from my house. I took Roxie there last weekend, and she had a blast running around with all the other dogs. This weekend, I'm going to walk up to Glebe with her to try out another park that I heard was good. I'm hoping Roxie will pick up a cute boy for me at the park. :-)

I'm running almost every day now to prepare for my races. After the 14k in August, I'm running another half marathon in September. I think my dad is going to be here to watch me in that one...It will be great to have him here to cheer me on! My nephew is turning one year old on July 9th...I can't believe it! Time has just flown by!! I sent him some presents in the mail today. My mum and I have both set up a webcam on Skype so he'll actually be able to see me now!

Hope everyone is doing well. Leah and I have sparklers for our own little Fourth of July party next week! :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yay! it all sounds lovely.
i was looking at apartments in sydney (i am recovering from the chicken pox and i was stuck at home) and it lists a really cheap price so i'm assuming it's per week. may i ask what you and your roommate pay per month?
i've been thinking about what's next for me after korea--i'll be here for another year or so.