Saturday, October 06, 2007

September Update


My Dad and Jil came out to visit me for 2 weeks in September. It was really great to see them again! The first weekend they were here, I ran in the Sydney Half Marathon, and I made my goal of beating my previous half marathon time! My time was 1 hour and 42 minutes, which means I averaged 7min, 47sec miles. Although I didn't enjoy waking up at 4am (the start time was 6:20am!!), it was a gorgeous day and I really enjoyed the run. It was great to have my Dad there waiting for me at the finish line!

Dad and Jil got to see some of the great sights in Sydney while they were here. We went to Hunter Valley to taste some great Aussie wines for a couple of days. We got dressed up and went to see an opera at the Opera House one night. We also had a bbq at my place before going to the Rugby League Final game. We had so much fun!!

I’ve been playing a bit of soccer lately with a great team in North Sydney. I’ve also started taking a Japanese Course at the University of Sydney. We meet every Tuesday night for 2 hours. I just had my first class last week, and it was a bit challenging but exciting. I know it’s not going to be an easy language to learn, but hopefully I can learn the basics to help me when I go back to Japan!

It’s getting very warm here now. It got up to 36 degrees Celsius just the other day! I’m hoping to get to the beach this weekend and get some sun!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Dulce,

I look at your blog every day to see if you have anything new on it. I'm glad to hear you had a good time with your dad & Jil. Did you make them walk a lot? With all you visitors, no one is giving you a chance to be home sick. Miss you lots!!

Love ... Grandma

dulce said...

Thanks, Grams! I miss you too!! Yeah, they had to walk a lot as well...They even got blisters on their feet! :-) I'll give you a call this weekend so we can catch up.

Love you,
Dulce

Anonymous said...

sounds awesome, girla!

i know i should be learning more korean, but i want to learn japanese and chinese, too!