Tuesday, July 01, 2008

June 2008




A very busy month indeed....

So much has happened over the past month, I'm not quite sure where to begin....
It started out fairly normal...Went to the Socceroos World Cup qualifier match against Ghana with my soccer mates. Then we had a team dinner on the 31st. I went to see Powderfinger (a great Aussie band - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Powderfinger) with Judge and Ali. We had dinner beforehand at a nice Turkish restaurant and Bernard Fanning (the lead singer of the band) was sitting at the table next to us! We couldn't believe it!! Other than that I was just doing the normal stuff....working, playing soccer, running, hanging out with friends...

A guy that I worked with, Kai, was leaving the company to travel Australia for a month and then move back to Germany (where he is originally from). I'd known him for a year, but we had just started to hang out a lot about 2 or 3 weeks before he left. He had a great going away party at his house in Bondi on the 30th of May. I got to meet all of his friends....They are all very cool and fun to hang out with....I'm actually going to a party with them tonight!
We decided to keep seeing each other when he left Sydney....and here's where things started to get a little crazy! :-) Kai left Sydney on 2/June on a bus ticket that allows you to stop anywhere along the coast all the way up to Cairns. He got to Brisbane by the weekend, and I flew up there to see him on the 6th. We spent some time in Brisbane and then headed to the beach at Hervey Bay. The following weekend, Kai flew back down to Sydney to spend the weekend with me. The next weekend (20th-22nd), I took an extra day off work and flew up to Magnetic Island. We stayed in a cute little bungalow, and spent most of our time relaxing on the beach....It was so nice! And then this past weekend, I flew up to Cairns for another long weekend (27/June - 1/July). We rented a car and drove up to Port Douglas. We had some more relaxing beach time and went for a couple of nice runs on the beach as well. It was absolutely perfect....We didn't want to leave!! On the 1st, I came back to Sydney and Kai flew to Darwin. He spent a couple of days camping in Kakadu, and he just left for Germany via SE Asia last night. I was a bit sad, but luckily we had some work drinks and then met up with the soccer girls for even more drinks later! :)

I'm very happy to say, though, that the story is not ending here. We have decided to stay together and try to make things work. He's coming to Florida when I'm there, and he's going to go on the cruise too! He's really excited to meet my family and friends...even though I think he's crazy! :) Then, I'm going back to Germany with him on the 4th of August. I'm going to stay for about 10 days and then fly back to Sydney on the 15th. He's going to stay a bit longer...The bags that he shipped back to Germany from Sydney won't even have arrived by then! :) But, then he's going to come back to Sydney as well so we can be together. I know this probably sounds a bit crazy to everyone, but it's been so amazing and neither one of us wants it to end so soon. I can imagine everyone has about 20 thousand questions....I can answer them all when I get back to Florida! I will only cover the basics now about my great boyfriend....He is 27, does computer programming as well, likes to travel, does a lot of running - plans to do a marathon in September/October, can speak German, Spanish and English fluently, and so very sweet, friendly, funny, and just great to hang out with! I'm sure most of you will get a chance to meet him. Oh, and since I changed my flight to go around the world again :-), I am now arriving in Florida on the 23rd of July....Only 3 short weeks away!

I can't wait to see everyone again. My beautiful nephew, Dominic, turns two on July 9th. Happy Birthday!!!

I miss you all and will see you very soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I miss you too, Dulce, & can't wait to see you.

Love ya'
Grams