Well, it’s time for my monthly installment!
Let’s see...I bought some new furniture for my house. A cute little patio table and chairs set and a new dining room table. I’m so excited to finally be purchasing some nice furniture...It feels very “grown up”!
Leah and I have been busy, as usual. We went to a rugby game at Aussie Stadium to see the NSW Waratahs vs. the Reds. The next weekend, we went to an AFL game at the SCG to see the Sydney Swans vs. the Brisbane Lions. We’re trying to get into the sport scene here…I really love cricket, and AFL and Rugby are starting to grow on me. I don’t know if it will be able to replace college football in the States though! We also went to the Opera House to see the ballet of Don Quixote. We thought it might be a good idea to get all dressed up and do something cultural...a change from just chatting at the pub! This was the first ballet that I have been to see, and I was definitely impressed by their skill and talent. I did enjoy the performance, but I don’t think I’ll be going to see another ballet anytime soon. It’s just not for me, I think. We got a really nice surprise when the ballet was over, though. There were fireworks over the Opera House and the water by the Harbour Bridge. It was a beautiful, perfect night...One of the many times that Leah and I remind ourselves how lucky we are to be here!
Other news:
Tomorrow night Leah and I are going to see Dave Matthews Band...Should be loads of fun!
Roxie’s doing well. She’s met a few of the neighborhood dogs, and I take her for nice long walks by the water and over the Harbour Bridge on the weekends. She's still in "tourist-mode"...She likes to stick her head out of the little holes in the fence along the bridge and look out at the water, city, and Opera House. :-)
I’m training for the Sydney Morning Herald Half Marathon that is on the 20th of May. I’ve discovered an amazing run to do during my lunch break. Some people at work were talking about how it's popular to run the Harbour Bridge at lunch so I figured I'd give it a try. Well, I got over the bridge in less than 13 min, and that wasn't nearly enough so I kept going. I ran all the way to the Botanical Gardens and the Opera House (up ALL of the steps)....and then all the way back to North Sydney. It is a great run, and I did it just under 46 minutes. I’m not sure what distance that actually is, so I have no idea if my time is good or bad, but it is definitely a good workout!
It’s supposed to be autumn over here, but it’s been so hot lately. It was 27 degrees today (80.6 F). Not that I’m complaining...I love it!
My mum and grams are coming to see me on the 24th…I can’t wait to see them again!!!
Hope everyone back in the States is doing well!
Friday, May 04, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
yay! like i always say, it sounds like you're having a blast and i'm happy for you! also, i wanna do it too!!! maybe one day i can.
good job on the award! that's awesome!
your doggie looks so cute. i've been thinking about getting a dog these past few months but i don't think it's going to happen while i'm living in a tiny officetel.
k, take care!
Post a Comment