Thursday, March 17, 2005

Sydney - Wed. 16/03/05

I have quite a bit to catch up on!

Let's see....
I went to the fish market with a friend and split this huge seafood platter. It had fish, crab, oysters, octopus, and chips. It was delicious! I was skeptical about the octopus at first, but it was really, really good! I know everyone must be surprised that I even tried it since I'm such a picky eater! The little tentacles did freak me out I have to admit, but it tasted so good that I didn't mind.

I've moved into a house with a girl from work, Rebecca. We're sharing the place with 2 guys and another girl. It's really close to work and rent is cheap so it's perfect! I am very happy to have my bags unpacked finally! Now I feel like I actually live here. All of my flatmates seem very nice, and we even have a cute little puppy. He's only 10 months old and is adorable! Makes me miss my Roxie though....

I've been spending a lot of time with an Aussie from work, Dan. We're going to a rugby game this weekend. It will be good to go with someone who will actually know what's going on! Maybe I can learn some of the rules. :-)

I'm excited about seeing the rest of Australia, but I can tell it's going to be hard to leave Sydney!

Tomorrow is St. Paddy's Day, and I have the day off. Me and some friends are going to the outdoor moonlight cinema in Bondi, and then we're on for a crazy night on the town...

P.S. Please stop bugging me about posting pictures! I don't have a digital camera here so I won't be posting any more. Everyone will just have to wait until I get home.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds awesome! When will you post the pics? lol, j/k. Great that you have a Home sweet home, I can only imagine that that makes a HUGE difference. I HAVE to ask though, what kind of puppy do you guys have? Also, was the octopus fried or no? B/C if it wasn't then I am SUPER surprised that you ate it! Happy St. Patricks Day! Love you! Heather

dulce said...

He's a Jack Russell Terrier. He doesn't bark at all which is nice. He's full of energy all the time, but that's just a puppy for you!
The octopus was NOT fried! It looked like a mini-octopus. It had the main part and all the legs and tentacles attached. Pretty gross sounding I know, but it really was very tasty!

Anonymous said...

dulce, it sounds amazing...I too am very impressed that you ate something where you could actually see the tentacles =0) You aren't missing much here it seems like it is last summer and we should be yelling "Hunker Down" yah, you guessed it the weather is aweful for our Patty's day but i will still be partaking in some GREEN BEER =0) Have FUN, like i need to tell you that =0)
love ya
nikki