Sunday, March 27, 2005

Oz driving experience

Well, the first time I tried to drive Dan's car it only lasted about 30 seconds because he was scared for his life. I have to admit I was really horrible. :-) There were just too many factors that were strange for me....driving on the wrong side of the road, sitting on the wrong side of the car, and since he has a manual trying to shift gears with my left hand. But, I tried again the other night, and I drove from the city back to his apartment in Bondi. I was pretty impressed with myself! He only had to remind me once to stay on the left side of the road. :-) I didn't attempt the parallel parking though. I figured I was lucky enough to make it in one piece, so I didn't want to push it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! you are brave and dan is even braver! I couldn't imagine driving in those situations, but hey, i guess you never learn unless you try.

love ya,
nikki

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are having an amazing time! I don't think I could do that kind of driving either ... and left handed shifting? ... my left hand does not have the coordination to move like that. Guess it takes some getting used to. Dan sounds awsome. A man that cooks would be a great thing. Easter at Cocoa Beach was fun. Without you there, it really felt like something was missing ... but, we were thinking about you. And ... Kandice, Paul, Deanna, and Kyle drank enough at dinner to make up for you. Love, Aunt Dawn

Anonymous said...

Just think, in a few more months you could come back to the states and not be able to drive your Accord around like you used to :) I agree with your Aunt, left hand shifting? Whatever!! I might as well have a nob attached to my left arm b/c i have NO left hand coordination! You should get a sign to put on top of his car, like a "student driver" sign or something so that all Aussies can protect themselves when you are in route.... just a thought. Love ya! Heather

Anonymous said...

I love Heather's idea about the sign. Maybe "American Driver" would be a sufficient warning.

Anonymous said...

Hey Dulce:

I just had a chance to catch up on your travels today!! It sounds so awesome! I am def. jealous of you because all the weather in Virginia has been crappy. And needless to say my moving experience hasn't been filled with Aussie hotties, new bars, and beaches!! ;) Actually I feel like it is pretty boring now! Anyway, hope you continue enjoying your trip.

Love, Mary