
I spent last week in and around Rekjavik. I went to the Blue Lagoon for a nice outdoor, hot thermal pool bath. I also took a tour to the Golden Circle - Gullfoss (a beautiful waterfall), Geysir (an area of geysers similar to those in Yellowstone), Pingvellir (the site of the first Parliment established in 930), and a huge crater. I tried some shark meat, which was really very disgusting, and dried fish which was not bad but not really good either. I took another tour to Snaefellsnes and saw one of the glaciers that is a part of Iceland. I met a fellow Sydney-sider, Kylie, and we took a ferry to a nearby island to see the beautiful bird called the Puffin.
The landscape of Iceland is beautiful, mountainous, and full of lava fields. In summertime, it is daylight for most of the day. It only got a little dark between about 12:30 am and 2:30 am. Other than that, the sky was bright all the time....Crazy! My last night in Rekjavik, I went out with a few people from the hostel I was staying at. The nightlife here is amazing....We stayed out all night, and then I caught the 5am bus to the airport to catch my flight to Dublin. I was completely exhausted the whole next day, but it was worth it! Besides, I had plenty of travel time to catch up on my sleep.
4 comments:
Sounds beautiful, but I don't know how I'd handle being out all night when it's actually like being out all day??? I guess you'd almost always be getting day drunk---which is fun tho :) Can't wait to hear of your next adventure, Love you, Heather & Alyssa
Sister...you only went to one place so far and it already sounds like the most amazing trip ever! Keep having the time of your life...I miss you!
Love you,
Dulce.. How cool is that? I always said there is not enough time in a day! Extra daylight would be great for me .. as soon as it gets dark I think it is time to go to bed .. even if it is only 8:00! Sounds much better than all the darkness in Alaska. Iceland sounds beautiful (but I am not too sure the kids would ever get the sleep they need). Look forward to hearing some Dublin adventures. Love, Aunt Dawn
Sounds beautiful, amazing and tons of fun. Keep posting....I'm living vicariously through you!
Post a Comment