Saturday, August 12, 2006

Scotland

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I spent most of my time in Edinburgh. It's a really beautiful city, full of huge, old buildings. The Edinburgh Castle is enormous! I took a day to see the countryside, Glencoe, and the famous Loch Ness....Sorry I didn't see the Loch Ness Monster! :-) There is a huge festival going on at the moment in Edinburgh called The Fringe. The streets are packed with people, and there are loads of comedy, musical, and theatre shows all around the city. I went to see a couple of the comedy shows. The Military Tattoo are also performing at the Edinburgh Castle every night this week and next. It's a huge bagpipe performance that is supposed to be spectacular, but unfortunately it's sold out....but I can hear it from the street and it sounds amazing! :-) Off to Cairo next...I know there have been some scares at the airports recently, but don't worry, I' m sure everything will be okay! I'll update again soon! Love you all!!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Dulce,

Sounds like your trip is great so far. We watched some videos at Aunt Grace's and figured out where you got your "wanderlust". It was the globe you got for Christmas, wasn't it? Be careful and keep us posted. Enjoy the rest of your trip!!!

Love ..... Grandma

dulce said...

It's funny you said that, because I just brought that up to my dad recently. I remember that I used to spend hours just spinning the globe and seeing where my finger would stop...Then I would imagine how cool it would be to visit there!! I think it definitely had an impact! :-)

Anonymous said...

Hey Dulc -

So amazing to hear all of your stories and trips! You really need to write a book. (Yes, I'm serious!) It takes a lot of guts to just up and go like you have. I think it is pretty damn awesome. Can't wait to see the pictures!!

Kandice

Anonymous said...

sister...i think i'm going to run away and join you! maybe when kyle and i come to visit we'll fall in love the way you did and never come back...that's sounding better and better every day. i love you and miss you more than you know...stina

Anonymous said...

How amazing... I wish I could do the same.. I think I just need to pick up and do it at some point in my life...Shalini