Monday, August 07, 2006

Ireland

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Okay, so if I hadn't already found Australia, I would think that Ireland is the most gorgeous country in the world! Honestly, though, it is absolutely beautiful. Beautiful, green, hills, mountains, beaches...it's amazing! I just finished touring around the whole country, and I'm back in Dublin for a few days before going to Scotland. The tour was great - met people from Cananda, the States, Ireland, and of course Australia.
This is going to be hard to summarize because I've seen so many things....In brief, we stayed in Belfast, Derry, Galway, Dingle, and Killarney, with many stops along the way. We saw castles, cemetaries, and churches. Went for great walks in a national park and along the coast with views of gorgeous cliffs and beaches. I went to the Blarney Castle and kissed the Blarney Stone. I learned a lot about the country's history, the famine, Bloody Sunday, and about the conflict between the Protestants and Catholics in Northern Ireland. It is a great place to live, and the people here are very friendly and outgoing....oh yeah, and they like to drink a little! :-) The boys have such adorable accents (but I guess that goes without saying)! I can't wait to upload some photos so you can see exactly what I'm talking about.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds amazing! I don't know that you needed to kiss the Blarney Stone. You have never be lost for words and you are pretty persuasive already. Glad to hear you are meeting lots of people. Looking forward to the pictures. Love, Aunt Dawn